About Me

My photo
This is where the MAGIC happens. These are all my stories and some of the events and people I meet. This blog is simply for my own amusement. Feel free to comment, suggest and violently react. All stays anonymous in this blog.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Befriending an EX-Lover


Nung isang araw, I wrote something that could at least ease out the burden that my friend is having regarding her ex wanting to be friends with her. After they broke up kasi, the guys sort of think that everything went back to normal and that they could be friends, without even considering that he caused my friend pain. For me that is just absurd! For me para maging magkaibigan kayu ulit ng dati mong partner/boyfriend, you should be both ready, because this may open up another connection between you eh. Lalo na, the fact that naging magkarelasyon kayu could not be ingnored. Maganda man ang intentions nyo about being friends, but the question would be “if you are even sincere enough about your intentions of being friends? Friends lang ba o baka naman you want to win her back?”

In my own experience , it was possible enough for me and my ex-lover to be friends. Nung una, parang awkward ang lahat and hindi ko pa feel, but I decided to give it a try. Then my feelings for him went back and I was hoping that we could still be together AGAIN. See yan yung sinasabi kong obstacle about this move. Madaling sabihin, pero NAPAKAHIRAP i-execute! So time passes,  and the connection we have remained to be friends. On the process  though, I was still expecting the same agenda. The good thing is, my ex-boyfriend remained true to what he said and gave me bounderies on what we can  and what we cannot do together. The first time kasi kahit hindi na kami eh we still have sex. Sabi nya sa akin, since we decided to be friends again, I expect no sex from and you from me. Fair enough for me to stand. However, due to attachement issues I have, the idea is giving me a hard time. Ang hirap kayang pigilin ng libog lalo na kung alam mong magaling sya (well on that note, this blog is now rated SPG LOL).

As time passes, I began to endure the lust that I feel towards him. Second thing I had worked on to make the “FRIENDSHIP” possible is to control my emotions towards him. Sweet kasi tong taong to, madalas kong napagkakamalan ang sweetness nya bilang isang sign na gusto nya maging kami ulit. So I asked him and said, do you want us to be together again? He said wholeheartedly na “NO. You deserve a better partner than me.” It sunk into me that he was really decided on that “friend relationship agenda.” I then realized that since he is making SO MUCH EFFORT to make the friendship work, ako din dapat eh gumawa ng mga bagay bagay para mawork out eto. It’s really similar to having a romantic relationship work, but the difference is that this does not involve intimate emotion.

At first my hopes on getting back together was fabulously HIGH, but his effort is flawless. I decided to finally get over the idea “NA PWEDING MAGING KAMI ULIT.” Things began to turn over between us. Days went by so easily and comfortably. Madami kaming nagawa na hindi naman nagawa while we were together. Naging masaya kami, and the friendship continues until now. We still hang out together, although ngayon eh di pa kami nagkikita ulit. Hahahaha. But open communication naman na ulit. He updates me about his agenda, kahit ako di masyado sa kanya. Unfair ko noh?! LOL

So for my friends who asked me if two ex lovers could be friends? My answer is: it is possible but only if two of you are willing to work on the friendship. Syempre, you have to set aside those ulterior motives that you had.

Naalala ko yung sinabi sa akin ng bestfriend ko, “The love that you shared with your ex is always gonna be there. It will never be gone. Thing is dapat hindi mo na sya gawing mundo mo. In short, cope up and adjust to the situation.” If you can’t keep him/her as your lover, I guess it’s wouldn’t be that hard to keep him/her as a friend.

Introductory to  “Falling In Love with your Best Friend.”

This is an ideal relation that could possibly upgrade to a romantic connection. Although, thing like friendship could actually be sacrificed. I once fell in love with my bestfriend and he turned me down. He decided to retain the friendship instead. Masakit pero I have to live with it and accept it…….

No comments:

Post a Comment