About Me

My photo
This is where the MAGIC happens. These are all my stories and some of the events and people I meet. This blog is simply for my own amusement. Feel free to comment, suggest and violently react. All stays anonymous in this blog.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dancing in Pain

I am a dancer! I love dancing! I started dancing when I was 7 years old. This is one thing I do best, and I had won some little prizes from little competitions. So what I'm saying really is that "Dancing is my Passion". It saved me from a lot of trouble. It has inspired me to be better and made me do things I never thought possible. It encouraged me to be brave. It also taught me how to follow rhythm and gracefully execute movements and expressions. This also goes with how I handle life's difficult situations. I emulate my dancing on how I reason and how I react to certain things.

I am currently working at a BPO organization here at Baguio city. This company offers a lot of activities to promote employee camaraderie. Because of these actitivities my colleagues decided to form a "Dance Crew" to have entertainment whenever needed. Oh! By the way, these colleagues of mine were my co-dancers way back college. So in short, we share same passion and love for dancing.

We have showcased different dances and dance routines on company events. This make me thinks that even while you are working, fun could still be present.

Dancing in Pain. Bakit nga ba eto ang title ko? This is because of some recent events. As stated on my previous blog, I was hospitalized. I really was sad by then because of recent life events, but one thing that made me regret for being sick is the "Inter- BPO Cheerdance Competition". Of course, I really wanted to be part of the routine. However, due to some absurd health conditions I may not be able to join. So the group started choreographing the routine. Dancer are all complete (which means that I really won't have a spot even if I am okay to dance).

Three days before the competition, I heard that 3 Dancers backed out from the crew. Although I am more than willing to showcase my talent I am hindered by my health condition. I am really frustrated.

Then, I asked for a sign if I can still dance. The sign was given and my heart felt joyous. So I approached the group and told them if I can join them. Dali dali naman silang nagsabi na "Kasali ka na kaya! Wala yang scolio-scoliosis mo na yan!" then they all laughed.

So eto na nga. Nagsimula na akong magcatch up with their routine. Nakuha ko naman agad yung steps, kasi nga yung iba eh excerpt from our previous dances. Pero nung nagqueue music na kami eh para akong batang nakatanga. Hindi ako nakadaloy sa flow of events. Tinry to ko naman na humabol sa pace nila pero ulit ulit pa rin akong nagkakamali. Tawa kami ng tawa kasi nga ang gulo gulo ko. Eh pasensya naman di ba, unang araw ko at ang daming kailangan i memorize at habulin. hay grabe tong experience ko na toh. Hindi ako sanay na ako yung humahabol sa routine. Usually kasi ako ang unang tinuturuan para magturo sa iba. But in this case eh baliktad. Culture shock talaga ang peg ko sa panahong eto.. Hahahaha.. Tawa man ako ng tawa pero nahihiya pa rin ako sa group kasi nga everytime na mag ulit eh dahil sa akin. Such a shame right! I know right! Hahahaha...

Anyhow, apart from my pain in not being able to catch the steps right away eh, yung binti ko masakit, yung shoulders ko din masakit.. Parang bang na-gang rape ang feeling. Gumising ako kanina dahill sa alarma clock ko, sabi ng utak ko sa akin eh "Hindi mo kayang tumayu!" Pumikit ulit ako at feeling ko eh hindi na ako mumulat muli kasi nga sobrang pagod ko. Biruin mo naman kasi mula alas tres ng madaling araw hanggang ala una ng umaga eh sumasayaw ako para makahabol. AKO NA!!! AKO NA TALAGA!!!! Hahahahaha..

But everytime umaray ako sa sakit ng katawan ko ngayon eh I smile. Because this pain is the pain of my passion for dancing! Keep dancing like there's no one watching. Motto ko yan! "Wah Pakels!" sabi nga din ng friend ko.

The competition will be this upcoming Saturday na! Pressure naman tong two days catching up ko! Goodluck sa akin! Wahahahaha..

4 comments:

  1. Good luck naman! Salamat sa pag-follow sa lungga ko...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Thanks sa comment1 And you're welcome! Good luck talaga sa massive muscle pain..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, nice blog of yours. I'm looking for any blogs about the Inter-BPO cheerdancing in Baguio City in preparation for my upcoming news article. I also work in one of the major BPOs in Baguio City.

    I'm also blogging at www.arisonlinenow.net. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been busy. I can creat a blog about the Inter BPO cheerdancing, but would you still be needing it? Thanks for the view.

      Delete